Body shop shimmer cubes - Review

My first body shop make up purchase!

 Body shop shimmer cubes - £16

So I went to a body shop party recently and bought I few things to try out from there. If you don't know what a body shop party is where a member of the body shop staff comes round to your house and shows you all of their products and you get a discount on some of the items and the person who hosts it then get a few freebies and stuff like that. It's a really nice experience I've had a few before and think it's really fun, wine and body shop what more could a girl want?! 

Anyway on to the shimmer cubes, the lovely are so lovely and a combination of day and night colours. My favourites are the dark brown and the gold which are dark chocolate and honeycomb. You can use them wet or dry which is a cool, using them with a wet brush makes them a lot more pigmented and they last a little bit longer, but more some reason I prefer to use eye shadow dry, not really sure why but I just do. The set of cubes come in lots of different colours ranging from blues to greys and black and if you were to buy a few you can change the colours around from palette to palette not that I think you'd need to but it's a possibility. 
 With a good base or primer these last really well, not the greatest but no eye shadows last really well on me which is really annoying! But all in all these are really nice eye shadows, I that the fact they are cubes and you could just take one in your make up bag if you wanted to. If there is ay other colours I like I will definitely be buying more to create my own little cube, also for the price I think it's really good value, you get loads in the little cubes and there's four of them, where as one Mac shadow is like £12.
So, if anyone is looking for some new eye shadows to try out then definitely go for these, they are really lovely and soft and the colours I've seen are beautiful! 


Jess xo






6 comments:

  1. I have some of these in a different colour
    I love them! But I do need this little box of natural colours they look lovely

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, what colours do you have? They are really nice :)
      Jess xo

      Delete
  2. I'd love to see a tutorial on how you use these :)

    KR x
    http://www.kezeeahrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Hmmm that's a tempting idea not sure whether I'm brave enough though haha!
      Jess xo

      Delete
  3. These eye shadows look lovely ! :)

    ReplyDelete