Barry M lipstick in black cherry - review.

I know I should be getting more involved with brighter lipsticks for summer but I still really love dark berry ones! I just think they can really rock up a girly summer outfit and an edgier twist.

 Barry M lipstick in black cherry - £2.99
My most recent purchase is Barry M's black cherry lipstick (160) it a classic berry red that I am completely addicted to! I think it's supposed to be a matte shade but I don't really think it is, it goes on quite creamy and smooth. It applies nicely and is very pigmented, however you have to exfoliate before applying because it does highlight the cracks and dry patches on your lips a lot! 

As you can see I didn't exfoliate before applying, so I had to take it off, exfoliate and reapply and it looked a lot better! The staying power of this lipstick isn't the greatest but I don't really mind reapplying throughout the day, however I did notice that when you have to reapply it becomes cakey and just layers on top of the coat before and looks very patchy. I don't think I would wear this out at night because I know when I have a few drinks I would just keep reapplying it and it would end up looking awful. It's quite a heavy lipstick and in the hotter days it does just feel like it's melting off and it's always a shock when I look in a mirror to see it isn't all over my face. 

I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this when it runs out, I think there are a lot of better quality lipsticks in this colour, I think it's quite a common lipstick colour because I have quite a few in this shade. 
I'm not sure I'd recommend this to anyone, the colour is lovely and very pigmented but the formula is quite drying and isn't the best quality.

Jess xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment