Seasonal trends #1 - Berry

Thought I'd start a new feature on my blog where I go through seasonal trends that I'm currently enjoying, sometimes make up and sometimes fashion depending on what Ive been wearing.

This first post is going to be all about the berry trends that are everywhere in Autumn. 

Only one place to start and that's with nails, if you're a little unsure about trying the berry trend through make up, nail varnish is the easiest place to start to inject a little bit of plum into your look. At this time of the year everywhere will have berry toned colours, and a lot of cheaper brands will have released their versions so if you're on a budget I would definitely recommend checking out Barry M or NYC they do great quality polishes for a small amount of money. All of the colours I've picked out here are great quality and I would recommend them to anyone, none of them are too expensive but still great.


Next up is eyes, I love purple on the eyes if it's done in the right way. I definitely believe that less is more with purple especially if you're a newbie to eyeshadow, just a hint of purple can be an effective twist to a boring smokey eye. If you're a little worried about this trend but still want to try it I would recommend applying a purpley brown base of maybe a cream eyeshadow like the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate then applying a browny gold over the top so only a hint of the purple shows through. 

Clinique Chubby Stick in Porty Plum. 
Loreal Infallible Eyes in Burning Black.
Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Purple.


 Mac eyeshadows from left to right
Star violet
Hepcat
Sketch
Beautymarked

 Top left going clockwise -
Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Crush - Glossy
Sleek Lipstick in Smother - Glossy
Revlon Lipstick in Black Cherry - Glossy
Barry M in Black Cherry - Matte
Topshop Lipstick in Beguiled - Matte

Finally berry lips, my personal favourite! I love wearing a berry lip with a tanned complexion and simple eye look, this definitely my favourite look for a night out and I wear it all year round. 
If a berry lip is a scary thing for you then I would recommend going for a sheer balm stain with just a hint of colour like the Revlon kissable balm stain in Crush, it's really easy to apply and no worrying about whether it's smudged throughout the day, I love wearing this colour in the day it's quite a sheer colour and stains your lips with a berry tint. The others I've picked out are quite full on and definitely eye catching, I've chosen some matte finishes and some glossy finishes.  


Hope you like my take on this trend and I'd love and recommendations if you think I'd like a certain product. I've chosen all products that aren't too expensive but still great quality for all those fellow skint students out there!

Jess xo
 

2 comments:

  1. What is the name of the Barry M Matte shade? It's a stunning colour!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nail varnish? It's called Crush :) It's really lovely on!
      Jess xo

      Delete