Trying out a foundation before you buy...


I think we've all been guilty of buying an expensive foundation that we think will be great for us but been wrong and here in the UK you can't take beauty products back to exchange. I was talking to my friend Bryany, from BryanyEllen about Nars products and what each of us wanted to buy, etc, when I told her I wanted to buy the Nars Sheer Glow foundation and she said that she was worried she'd buy it and then it would not be great for her skin type and what I had already done was bought some samples of it from eBay, which she thought was a great idea and had never thought of it, so I thought I'd share. 
When I'm wondering about a high end foundation and although I've read reviews, I'm still not sure whether it would suit my skin, I simply go onto eBay and buy a sample from someone. There are some obviously issues with whether what you're buying is fake, etc, but so far I've had really great luck with it. The samples are roughly only £3 and you get enough for a couple of uses which is perfect, (depending on the seller).
It's really great if you also don't know what shade you are and want to try a few out, because sometimes I have personally been matched wrong in shops before so always prefer to do it myself at home with my own brushes and then test it throughout the day!

The lighting has made those samples look a lot darker than they actually are!

Hope this has been helpful for some of you! 

Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment