Spotting fakes on eBay...


Recently I was unfortunately a victim to the world of eBay fakes, but luckily I was able to gain a full refund without too much hassle and the seller was very understanding about it, as they'd bought it through a wholesaler so were happy to refund me so they didn't gain any negative feedback. 
But anyway, I decided to share my top tips for spotting fakes. This Mac I bought above looked great quality but as a massive Mac addict I could tell that the quality was no where near as good as my other Mac eye shadows! There was also very limited info about it and no colour names or anything.

  • Avoid any bulk selling - Don't pay from any sellers that are selling loads of items in different colours, they can be a bit dodgy.  
  • Look at multiple photos - The more photos, the more confident you can be that it's real. Simple.
  • Don't be afraid to ask questions - Don't worry about messaging the seller for more information, if they don't reply then avoid. 
  • Read the description - Personally I would avoid if they don't have much info about the product, like colours names etc.
  • If you discover something you've bought to be fake then message the seller first and confidently let them know about the fake product, sometimes it can be an honest mistake. 
  • If the seller is being difficult then don't be afraid to open a case with eBay, there's point in wasting your money. 
  • Even if you try the product and then realise it's fake, you can still return it. 
  •  Always research before you buy!

Hope this helped some of you!

Jess xo

2 comments:

  1. At least you were able to get your money back which is always a positive! Sometimes you just want to get a good bargain from Ebay as Mac is expensive x

    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhh I was really lucky :) Yeahh I always look for an eBay alternative.
      Thanks :)
      Jess xo

      Delete