50 shades of vamp ...


At this time of year it's all about the vampy burgundy lips, I personally love this look on anyone and thought it was about time to share my top picks ranging from high street to high end and also from matte to glossy finishes.

 Top left going clockwise
Mac Rebel - £15
Sleek Smother - £4.99
Revlon Black Cherry - £7.49
YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in Prune Virgin 205 - £25
Barry M Black Cherry - £3.99

Mac Rebel Lipstick - This is a current raved about lipstick and I can completely understand why! It's beautiful quality and feels really creamy but still very light to wear. It's one of Mac's Satin finishes which is in between glossy and matte but still really pigmented! The colour of this is rather unusual and I haven't seen anything else like it, it's more purple than burgundy, I think it would look amazing on anyone but if you're a little pale and think a darker colour would wash you out, this would be a nice alternative. I definitely think this is a definite must have for anyone's collection!
Sleek Lipstick in Smother - This is the glossiest out of my picks and is very creamy which makes it really easy to apply but also really easy to smudge. Definitely one to wear when you're going to be able to keep an eye on it (Note to self: AVOID on a windy day!) This is a really pigmented plum with a slight pinky hint to it, it's the closest drugstore dupe to Mac's Rebel I've seen but you can layer it up to make it a lot darker.

Revlon Lipstick in Black Cherry - This is quite a popular Revlon product and was rather difficult for me to get my hands on because it was sold out every time I wanted it. It has a creamy, glossy finish but without being overly shiny on the lips. It's definitely one of the darker colours out of my picks so definitely isn't for the faint hearted, it's one of those lipsticks where the first application is just as opaque as the fifth layer, so the colour doesn't really change the more you add! 

YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in Prune Virgin 205 - This is the most expensive lipstick I own and I bloody love it! I was gifted this from my best friend for my 21st and she chose the perfect colour for me! It's an incredible lipstick and can be adapted in multiple ways to suit you, you can start off with a really light layer which leaves a really lovely red tint to the lips but then you can keep layering to your desired colour, without it being patchy whatsoever. It's really matte but without being heavy, I was actually shocked when I first applied this at how light it actually feels on the lips. It also lasts super well and generally wears evenly. Just perfection. 

Barry M lipstick in Black Cherry - Finally the cheapest of them all, this is perfect if you want to try the trend but you're not sure and don't want to spend too much money because this is a great cheap version. Looking at it in the bullet you expect it to be really matte and hard to apply but it's not too bad (no where near as bad as Ruby Woo!) and it's still rather creamy on, it is a little bit heavy but not too uncomfortable to wear. You don't have to worry about this throughout the day because it doesn't smudge too bad and lasts rather well. However, it wears rather unevenly and you'd have to take it off to reapply which is rather annoying too. It's more of a red shade of burgundy rather than a pink which is a lovely alternative.

Barry M Black Cherry                                                                   YSL Prune Virgin    

  Revlon Black Cherry                                                                                 Sleek Smother 

 
Mac Rebel

I know I have pretty much the same lipstick from loads of different brands but I just can't help myself, I really love this colour and wear it all year, I love wearing this lipstick when I'm really bronzed up with a simple eyeliner look. 
(Bored train selfies!)  
 
Jess xo

2 comments:

  1. Haha love the selfie ;) Colours look sooooo good against your skin, i think i'm just way to pale to wear these colours. I Look like a goth haha

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha noooo I think you could definitely get away with it! Think you'd look hot and definitely not look like a goth because you're blonde!
      Jess xo

      Delete