Christmas ideas - Affordable Hampers, part 1...

This year I was really stuck with ideas of what to get my family for Christmas, but eventually I thought it would be a great and inexpensive idea to make Christmas hampers.
I haven't completed them yet but I thought I'd document my progress on here while I'm making them. This is the first part of the process and I just thought I'd share some things I've got to go in them at the moment.


 I was looking in lots of different shops for the perfect hamper but they were all rather expensive and I wanted to do hampers in order to save money but to still wanted to make a lot of effort, so I spotted these in Dunelm Mill and thought they were perfect, festive but still nice enough for the rest of the year for storage or whatever. They were £2.99 each which is still rather expensive for the size of them but I couldn't resist.


I was in Sainsburys the other day and I just picked up a few things to put in the hampers just as extras to fill it out a bit, the candy canes were 12 for £1.50 I think, the Dairy Milk mousse snow men were 3 for £1.20, the tealights were 5 for £2.50 and the cheese on the end (actually from Tesco) were 2 for £2.

From Dunelm I also bought some ribbon to make everything a little prettier and I decided that colour theme I'm going for is white and red. The ribbons were only a couple of pounds each and they just make everything look a little more festive and homemade. I've also decided that I'm going to put a small gift for each individual person in the boxes too, like maybe something from Lush or something nice like that!


 I thought I would just tie some ribbon around this cheese and add a tag to make it nice and festive!

I hope you like these kinds of posts and it gives you some ideas of what to give your family for Christmas!

Jess xo

2 comments:

  1. I love the boxes, they are so cute :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Think I'm going to buy some for my room!
      Jess xo

      Delete