Primer confusion?



Personally before becoming a blogger I had no idea about primers, to be honest I didn't even know what they were for but now I'm completely obsessed with them and can't apply my foundation without them. As you may already know I have rather oily skin so a primer is a must have for making my foundation last all day or night, so I thought I'd share my views on some primers I have in my collection ranging from cheap to high end. 

Benefit the Porefessional £24.50 - This is a thick silicone based primer that claims to minimize pores which I could agree it does, it feels like a balm and I love the way it feels on the skin. It's oil free so is perfect for us oily skinned girl, however it doesn't actually claim to make your make up last any longer but it does with me, I don't know if it's because it gives the foundation to cling to or what but I do really like this primer but try not to use it everyday. 

No 7 Beautifully Matte £10.50 - This reminds me of toothpaste! It's really thick and doesn't need too much rubbing in, I would recommend patting it into the skin instead. You can tell straight away that it creates a really matte base for your foundation which is perfect if you like a matte base and then to add your glow with other highlighting products. It does make my make up last longer because it keeps my skin relatively oil free, although it's not an amazing product and if I know I need my make up to last a really long time it's not a product I would instantly think of using, although I do like it.

Rimmel Fix and Perfect Pro £6.99 - This is the cheapest out of all of them but unfortunately is the least impressive out of them all. I normally love Rimmel products but I feel like this promises to do so many things and doesn't deliver on any of them, I would rather products be honest about being good at one or two things rather than not delivering on everything. It doesn't work well for my oily skin, although it claims to mattify and doesn't make my foundation last and longer just doesn't work for me. However, recently when my skin has been a little bit dryer a have been applying it under my foundation in the dryer patches and it stop my foundation from clinging and my skin from getting sore too.

Clinique Superprimer £20 - This is my favourite out of the bunch and the newest release too. I've seen so many great reviews for this and it seems to work for most skin types. They have a whole collection of different variations of this primer for things like redness or dullness which is great. This is a fairly thick primer but still feels creamy, it creates a really nice base and makes the skin feel really nice. I've been using this everyday and it really does make my foundation last all day and although it's rather expensive I would definitely recommend it and say it's 100% worth it.


Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment