2013 favourite - Lips, nails and tools...

Lip faves.


YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats in Prune Virgin - My ultimate favourite dark lip, perfectly matte and lasts really nicely, it applies really nicely and doesn't feel heavy at all. I really want to get some different shades and the packaging is to die for!

17 Mirror Shine in Bolshie - Next to the right is my most perfect pink, I loved this in the Summer, it's really bright and glossy. It doesn't last for long lengths of time but it does leave a really lovely pink stain which is just really pretty, and for the price it doesn't really go wrong. 

Revlon Lip Butter in Watermelon Fizz - I really love all the Revlon Lip Butters but this has definitely been my favourite throughout 2013, I bought it last Spring time and used it almost everytime I fancied a pretty coral lip. It's really moisturizing and creamy but still pigmented but in a way that can be layered to make a bolder lip or patted out to be a subtle hint of coral. 


17 Mirror Shine in Beehive - Another from this range, this is the most perfect 'your lips but better' colour, I often wear this colour if I'm wearing a heavy smokey eye and I don't want to take the attention away from it. Again, a really glossy finish but this one doesn't really leave a stain because the colour is so nude which means it can need maintaining throughout the day which isn't ideal. 

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 107 - I've worn this by far the most this year, and probably the year before too! It's my 'go to' going out lip colour or even throughout the day too. It lasts really well and really doesn't need much looking after which is perfect for me because I often forget I'm wearing a bright lip! If you don't have this, go and get it now!!

Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Spotlight Beige - This is more of a creamier peachy toned nude, which really compliments any eye look without taking anything away from it. I love peachy toned lips on me, I think they really compliment my skin tone. 




My general nail varnish favourite this year is definitely Barry M, I probably own every shade they've brought out and I will continue to buy all of their colours. The quality definitely ranges from colour to colour depending on the formula but for someone, like me, who likes to change their nail colour every few days they are perfect and so cheap! The colours I've been wearing the most this year has been Red Black which is just as the name describes, Blueberry which is a really pretty bluey lilac and Silver Glitter which is almost really pretty. Then I also threw in this beautiful glitter from Models own called Snowflake which is the most gorgeous glitter that looks incredible over any colour! 
Then I also had to talk about the Seche Vite top coat which has been an absolute life saver for me over the last year, I know it has a lot of mixed reviews and everyone has very mixed opinions of it, but it is really good and I couldn't imagine not having it in my life at the moment and you can get it a lot cheaper on Amazon. 


Real Techniques Buffing Brush - I bloody love this brush, it my favourite ever brush for foundation, it makes applying foundation so effortless and really buffs and blend everything nice and evenly. The only down point I can think of with this is that you can only buy this in the core collection rather than individually and I would like to own a few but can't justify buying the whole collection over and over again. 

HD Brows Tweezers - Before I got these I didn't realise how essential a pair of really good tweezers were! I got these in a Glossy Box last years and I just can't get enough, I would feel truly upset if I something was to happen to them! Expensive but will last you a lifetime! 

 Real Techniques Multitask Brush - Again with the other Real Techniques brush you can only buy this in a set which is really annoying because I want to have loads of these! I use this for loads of things, powder, blush, bronzer, highlighter and I wish I had more because it's perfect! It's slight smaller than the Real Techniques Blush Brush and not as pointed so it just fits perfect along your cheeks. If you haven't got this brush, why the hell not?!


Jess xo

1 comment:

  1. Great choices! Love RT brushes :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete