Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil - Review...




So these are part of the latest lip craze. Maybelline are brilliant at whacking out brilliant lip launches that are different but still amazing. I think they're one of the best brands at the 'drugstore' and I have a lot of respect for them. This is apparently a perfect dupe for the Nars lip pencil things, which unfortunately I've never had the pleasure to try but I do think this lip pencil is great. I'm not going to lie but even with all the surrounding hype that surround these I didn't really hold much hope out for them. But I've been pleasantly surprised and I like that. They apply really smoothly, without having a waxy texture, they go on quite glossy but set into place matte. The lasting power is surprising good, I've worn this to work before and not had to worry about it fading or moving. The pencil tip makes application really easy to get a precise application around the edges. The only negative point to this product is the fact you have to sharpen it, and unfortunately I do not have the correct size sharpener. So I've gotten to the point where I can't use it anymore without sharpening it first which is annoying and definitely puts me off buying anymore. 

I like this product, but the shade range isn't great. I feel like I already have all the shades in lipstick form so don't really want to waste my money on another one. 

Have you tried it? What do you think?

Jess xo



No comments:

Post a Comment