What's On My Face #5 - New Years Edition ...


I was so happy with my make up on New Years, everything just seemed to go perfectly and I'll be definitely going for this look again for my next night out. 
I started with the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer which is a really nice feeling primer and makes any foundation look amazing. Over the top of that I used the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation which is a perfect foundation for oily skin girl like myself. I never have to worry about looking too shiney throughout the night. Although it is definitely a night out foundation, it's very thick and quite heavy, in my opinion, too heavy for daily wear. Then general concealing with the Collection Lasting Perfect Concealer and powdering with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. On the eyes I used my new Mac Bronze shadow over the top of my beloved Mac Constructionist Paint Pot. Then I blended Nars Mekong through my crease and lower lash line, and pressed the glitter shadow from the Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette for that extra NYE sparkle. I then smoked it out even more with a YSL gel khol liner and Collection liquid liner with a strong wing. Threw on some incredible lashes, the Eylure 125 to be exact for extra wow factor. I was really happy with how that looked without a strong lip colour but for NYE I wanted to go for something a little more intense. So I used the Mac Currant Lip Liner and then applied the YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats Lipstick in Prune Virgin 205 which is just a stunning colour and I adored away it looked. I then finished off with a strong brow courtesy of the Sleek Brow Stylist and the Maybelline Brow Drama setting brow gel, and finally bronzed with my usual Benefit Hoola Bronzer. I stayed away from blusher and highlighter because I think sometimes, especially in club lighting, it can look rough in photos so I avoided that. 
I was so happy with the way it turned out so I thought I'd share it with you, I want to wear it at every opportunity but I'm controlling myself. It's just such a killer team. 



Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment