Maybelline Lasting Drama Black Shock Gel Liner - Review...




It seems that everyone has got an opinion on the new Benefit liner, there are so many reviews about it, all with different thoughts on it. This is supposed to be a dupe for this new type of liner, so I thought I'd try this one out first before splashing out on Benefit's version. 
Over all, I quite like this liner, it's really long lasting and the formula is great, I really like the applicator and love how it makes my eye liner shape and flick look, but it's such a faff. It's a gel liner in a pen form which you wind up with a dial at the bottom of the pen. It looks really great when you get it right but It can go wrong so easily. The whole twisting up the product thing, is annoying because one minute loads comes out and it's unusable and the next minute nothing comes out, I'm forever having to test it out on the back of my hand or wrist to make sure it's drawing a line. Which is really annoying because it's so difficult to get off and then you have black lines all over your hands for the rest of the day. The formula is really great and does last all day and is a buggar actually get off at the end of the day, but with all gel formulas (which is why I don't use them) it imprints onto my eye lid after about an hour of applying. Although it doesn't imprint as bad as normal gel formulas do. I'm definitely going to continue using this and see if there's anyway I can prevent the imprinting. I would definitely recommend trying this one out before you splash out on Benefit's version to see if you like the formula and applicator, which is probably exactly what Maybelline have been hoping for! 

Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment