Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - Review...




I know all you fellow bloggers and general females out there will know the feeling of buying make up, especially high end make up. In my mind there's high end make up (Mac, Nars, Benefit, etc) then there's luxury make up brands (Chanel, Dior, Charlotte Tilbury, etc) and I always thought Giorgio Armani was branded with a super luxury price tag but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's no where near as expensive as I first thought. I was doing my usual habit of scrolling through make up sites when I spotted that Debenhams had a sale on everything including make up so I thought I would take advantage. I'm use to spending a little bit more on foundations, in my opinion you definitely get what you pay for when it comes to foundations. Anyway, I saw in the sale that this Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation was £30 which was 50p less than I was going to spend on a repurchase of my beloved Nars Sheer Glow Foundation so I thought I'd give it a go first. 
So far I am in love. I've been trying this out now for 2-3 weeks and it's definitely worth the hype. Everything about it is super luxurious and lovely. I chose the shade 4.5 which is slightly too light more me but I make it work with bronzer, and it also means I can get away with it all year round. The texture is really liquidy, unlike the Nars Sheer Glow, a little doesn't go a long way. I use two pumps to cover my face and with other foundations I usually only use one. It just adsorbs so perfectly into the skin but feels light and lets your skin really breathe. I have problems with oil and that normally stops foundations from lasting for long periods of time and that's what I was just use to. However, since I've found this my make up lasts ages. This is the most long lasting foundation I've ever tried. A bold claim to make, I know, but for me it's amazing. My oils don't seep out throughout the day, and with a primer it's even better. It blends without effort and I would actually go as far as saying it's fool proof. I have a few red spots at the moment, which I would normally cake in concealer but with this foundation I feel like I could actually go out without concealer and not feel like everyone is talking to my spots and not me!

Could this be my new favourite foundation? 

Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment