2014 Make Up Faves ...






*Warning* This is gonna be a loonnngg post!


Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - I could not leave this out, It's probably my most used foundation and I just keep going back to it over and over again. Great for all year and very buildable so you can achieve whatever coverage you desire. Definitely still my most loved foundation. 

Eylure 015 Natural Lashes - I mean, I wear these every day. I would hate to know how much money I've spent on these over the year. really natural but still really pretty, just gives you that extra wow factor.

Eylure Nadine Lashes - My go to night out lashes, very full and sexy. They create a really sexy smokey look to the eye. They're just a wow lash. (Didn't have any to include in the photo). 

Charlotte Tilbury Dolce Vita Palette - My Ultimate travel palette. I know I'll always love my eye make up if I use this palette. The glitter is outstanding, it really makes any eye make up look stunning. The whole palette is just stunning, it feels so luxurious and really worth the money.

Nars Eye Shadow in Mekong - My lovely boyfriend bought me this last year and I've worn it to death. It's the perfect deep dark shimmery brown. I always wear this when I want to go for a striking smokey eye. Then I pair it with my next fave...

Mac Paint Pot in Constructionist - My go to smokey eye base, it's a lovely bronze wet look shade. I wear most of my brown shades over the top of it. It gives the shadow something to stick to and makes it last all day and night. There have been a couple of occasions, where I have accidentally forgotten to take my make up off in a drunken state and woke up in the morning with my smokey eye still perfect. That is a dedicated paint pot.  

Mac Antique Gold Reflects Glitter - I bought this at the start of 2014 and I've worn it for every night out since. I haven't seen a loose glitter as stunning this one and it really makes an impact. This year I found my love for glitter and it started with this. 

Sleek Brow Stylist - Ever since I tried this I've not used anything else. It's the perfect shape for getting the intense brow arch but doesn't look over the top at all either. Spooly the other end making it the perfect travel companion. Also a dupe for the Hourglass Brow Pencil thingy majig. 

Maybelline Brow Drama - I've tried a lot of brow gels over the past year but this is by far my favourite. It is tinted which means it doesn't leave that weird white crispy feeling to your brows but is strong enough to keep them in place all day without worry. Super wallet friendly too which just adds to the greatness. 

Benefit Hoola - Not going to lie, I thought Nars Laguna would fill this category but ever since I found this beaut I haven't used anything else. It's completely matte which looks a lot more natural. I find shimmery bronzers often can highlight my pores which I really hate. I bet this will be in a lot of 2014 faves.

Seche Vite - Can anything beat this? I think not.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush - Now this was a hard decision. It was between this and the Expert Face brush but after rekindling my love for this, I had to throw it in. It makes foundation application so effortless and perfect for a busy girl like myself.

Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush - Also a lazy girls best friend. Does everything, applies and blends at once, I probably use this everyday without fail. I need to buy more of these brushes.

Mac Patisserie Lipstick - My perfect nude, gorgeous pinky peachy nude. I know loads of other bloggers also love this, it's just perfection in lipstick form.

Mac Diva Lipstick - Whenever I have felt the need for a dark lip this is the only want I gravitate to. It's super matte and long lasting. Every Mac lover needs this in their collection. I love that Diva attitude.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Elixir in Rose Defined - This is a newy for me, but I've worn it constantly for the last month so I thought it deserved a mention. It's just perfect.





I've tried to only include things that I've found this year and really loved otherwise this would be a looooooooott longger. I've not included any products that I really liked but thought they could be improved. I've tried to keep it quite minimal but there will be a few different parts to this edit. Honorable mention to the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Soap and Glory Kiss Ass Powder, Collection Liquid Liner, Urban Decay Primer Potion,  I'm only doing a make up faves because my hair and body products have mostly stayed the same from the year before so didn't think it would be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment