Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Review ...



I had high expectations for this primer, I've heard that Smashbox primers are suppose to be amazing so I was chuffed when I found this little sample and grabbed it. It's oil-free which is ideal for my skin type so i thought it would be perfect but actually I wasn't overly impressed with it. The texture of it is very siliconey feeling and actually feels slightly greasy which considering it's oil free is a bit strange. But after a few minutes it really sinks into the skin and leaves a lovely smooth feeling. It does improve the look of pores and creates a nice base for foundation application. I think a lot of people will really like this but for my oil skin it just doesn't control the oil at all and maybe even makes it a little worse. I would of probably liked this a few months ago before I discovered how amazing my skin can look with the Max Factor Skinfinity All Day Primer. I also really don't like the packaging, it looks like a super glue tube. But apparently according to the website you can apply this through wet hair to tame frizz which I haven't tried but I might.
I probably won't be purchasing the full size of this, it's just not for me, it doesn't work for my skin type. It does have a lot of awards though so maybe you'll love it.


Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment