Autumn Impression #1 - Purple Peepers ...

Mac Shades in Folie, Quarry, Satin Taupe, Twinks, Hepcat, Beauty Marked and Sketch - £10 each

 Hello Autumn! It definitely seems as though Autumn is a beauty/fashion bloggers favourite time of year. I think it's the perfect time of year for experimenting with make up, getting all those jewel tones out. Definitely my favourite time of year anyway. I thought I'd do another seasonal edit, I love doing these and they really inspire me to switch up my make up seasonally. The first colour I gravitate towards when it gets chillier if definitely a deep plumy purple for eyes and lips but I'm starting this off with eyes first.  When hunting through my stash in search for purple peepers I was actaully shocked at how much I actually own. Having brown eyes, I think purple is definitely one of those colours that suit me. I know purple can be a scary colour so I've tried to incorporate a range of shades from easy to wear hints of purple to brighter scary shades. 
Anyway let's start with Mac. As you all know I love Mac so it wasn't a surprise when most of these products turned out to be from Mac. I'll start with easy colours that just incorporate a slight hint of purple into your eye look and get brighter as we go along. So, if the thought of a purple eye terrifies you then go for a neutral shade that has a slight purple undertone. Purple toned browns are definitely the easiest way to create a purple smokey eye, in my Mac quad I have Quarry, which is the lightest shade of the four, its a cream based colour with a stoney purple hint to it. It's really pretty and definitely one of those universal colours. Next up is probably the most famous purple toned shade ever, Satin Taupe. Satin Taupe is another universal colour and I think it looks slightly different on each person, sometimes it looks really warm, others it looks more cool toned. It's almost two toned with a plum tone that catches the sun. Folie is a matte deeper brown shade but there is some kind of purple look to it, which is really pretty, similar to Sketch but more brown toned. Finally in my quad is Twinks which was actually my first Mac eye shadow. It's another plum toned brown but has a subtle shimmer to it which is really pretty. I think this is one of Mac most popular shades. 
Next onto some more exciting Mac shades, I have chosen Hepcat which is a really vibrant lilac shade, I think this can look amazing with quarry as a cut crease shade. Beauty Marked is my all time favourite Mac shade, perfect all over smokey eye shade for an eye catching night out colour. Sketch is a great starting colour if you want to dive into purple. 


The high street also has something amazing plum shades at the moment, so you don't have to splash out. Cream product are quite easy to use, you just apply them with your finger then blend out. Really quick and easy. I have the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate and the Bourjois 24hr Eyeshadow in Prune Nocturnal, which are both very similar. Metallic Pomegranate is much more a of a wet cream product which sets all day and Prune Nocturnal is a cream to powder finish which can look really pretty. In terms of a pressed pigment style of product L'oreal Paris do some beauts and this one in Burning Black which is the budget version of Mac's Beauty Marked so if you don't want to fork out £12 then get this one but be careful of the fall down! Last year Rimmel released their Traffic Stopping Eyeshadows and I obviously picked up the purple one. This eye shadow trio comes with a really pretty gold shade which is a perfect way to make purple more eye catching.    


Next up Clinique. I had completely forgotten I'd got this in my collection, I was so obsessed with the shade Fuller Fudge that I picked up Portly Plum too. This is a much cooler toned purple shade for those ladies who prefer a cooler tone eye look. It has a more blue undertone to it which is quite unusual but very pretty. These Chubby Sticks for Eyes are another really easy product and to be honest they are pretty fool proof. 

Swatches of the cream products.Left to right- Clinqiue Chubby Stick for Eyes in Portly Plum, L'oreal Infallible Eyes in Burning Black, Bourjois 24hr Eyeshadow in Prune Nocturnal and Maybelline Colour Tattoo in  Metallic Pomegranate. 


Finally if you want an all singing all dancing palette with it all get this Illamasqua Complement Palette which comes with two shimmer shades, one matte and one cream shadow. The brown cream shadow creates a perfect base for a neutral smokey eye with a hint of purple. The brown neutralises the purple over top and makes it much more wearable. The lightest shade in this palette is a lot like Nylon from Mac and really is the perfect inner highlight shade. The two purple shades really compliment every other on the shade and blend beautifully. 

Wearing Illamasqua dark purple shade on top of the brown cream shade.

Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment