Benefit Stay Don't Stray Primer - Review




I received this small sample in a Christmas set I purchased from Benefit not long ago. I thought it would be a perfect way to try out a few products from them without breaking the bank and not liking the full size. But luckily I've actually been really liking this. It's not like a primer I've tried before, it's quite thin in consistency but it creates a really even base across the eye lid, perfect for really bringing out the colour of whatever eye shadow you're applying. In terms of longevity, it really gives the shadow something to cling to which generally make shadow application easier and smoother. I've not noticed any creasing when I've used this with a smokey eye or subtle simple shadow looks. This is also supposed to total up as a concealer as well, which I can see where they're coming from because it's skin toned but the shade range is very limited and it doesn't match me so I wouldn't use it as that. I also wouldn't use it as a concealer for any spots or redness either because it's too thin and just isn't the right formula for that type of coverage.  I'm definitely thinking of repurchasing this primer, I'm not sure I like it more than my Urban Decay Primer Potion but I'm willing to give it another go. I often find that I cannot gain a proper opinion of whether I like it or not until I've tried for a couple of months, especially when it comes to primers because it completely depends on the make up you're wearing alongside. However, so far I'm really enjoying this one and if you're in the market for a new eye primer then I'd recommend this one. 


Jess xo

No comments:

Post a Comment